SBC self support tool

I have SBC DSL. I downloaded the self support tool from their help page.
When I double-clicked on the "run" icon, I received the following error
statement: Autolt Error
Run,"\\bin\\MotiveBrowser.exe",C\\Windows\\TEMP,Hide Error: Unable to run
program. [Ensure the backslashes\have been used properly].

Contact your ISP for support for their tool. I am starting to see numerous posts
about errors with this tool, and wonder if it is worth the trouble.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"biffburns" <biffburns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have SBC DSL. I downloaded the self support tool from their help page.
> When I double-clicked on the "run" icon, I received the following error
> statement: Autolt Error
> Run,"\\bin\\MotiveBrowser.exe",C\\Windows\\TEMP,Hide Error: Unable to run
> program. [Ensure the backslashes\have been used properly].

Thanks glee. I already tried my ISP. They couldn't help me.

"glee" wrote:

> Contact your ISP for support for their tool. I am starting to see numerous posts
> about errors with this tool, and wonder if it is worth the trouble.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> "biffburns" <biffburns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have SBC DSL. I downloaded the self support tool from their help page.
> > When I double-clicked on the "run" icon, I received the following error
> > statement: Autolt Error
> > Run,"\\bin\\MotiveBrowser.exe",C\\Windows\\TEMP,Hide Error: Unable to run
> > program. [Ensure the backslashes\have been used properly].

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1EFDF909-AFAB-4251-B09F-7E46242D874A@microsoft.com,
mblaze1973 <mblaze1973@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thanks glee. I already tried my ISP. They couldn't help me.

Alright... I'll ask... Someone has to ;) What was the initial reason for
downloading the tool? For the most part there's solutions available
elsewhere.

Galen

SBC suggested downloading it. Thanks.

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:1EFDF909-AFAB-4251-B09F-7E46242D874A@microsoft.com,
> mblaze1973 <mblaze1973@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Thanks glee. I already tried my ISP. They couldn't help me.
>
> Alright... I'll ask... Someone has to ;) What was the initial reason for
> downloading the tool? For the most part there's solutions available
> elsewhere.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

Well, if you don't have any problems with your connection, and your ISP is unable to
support their own support tool, get rid of it! :)
--

"mblaze1973" <mblaze1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SBC suggested downloading it. Thanks.
>
> "Galen" wrote:
>
> > In news:1EFDF909-AFAB-4251-B09F-7E46242D874A@microsoft.com,
> > mblaze1973 <mblaze1973@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
> >
> > My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
> >
> > > Thanks glee. I already tried my ISP. They couldn't help me.
> >
> > Alright... I'll ask... Someone has to ;) What was the initial reason for
> > downloading the tool? For the most part there's solutions available
> > elsewhere.
> >
> > Galen
> > --
> > Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> > Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

Thanks for your continued assistance. The self support tool is history.

In news:OihEJUoMFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
glee <glee29@spamindspring.com> had this to say:

> Well, if you don't have any problems with your connection, and your
> ISP is unable to support their own support tool, get rid of it! :)

To which one can only respond with "Amen."

Galen

Thanks for your continued help. The self support tool is history.