SBLive 5.1 PCI or P5WD2 builtin Realtek ALC882D High Defin..

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi

What's going to give me the best sound quality? My current SBLive 5.1 PCI
sound card, or the built-in sound on the Asus P5WD2 (it's a Realtek ALC882D
Hi Def 8 Channel CODEC)?

I'm assuming the SBLive PCI card is going to consume less of my cpu time. Is
that correct?

Thanks

John

margag_

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2005
I have a p5gd1 and realtek hd audio gave me snap crackle pop.....
had to lower main volume and push speaker volume up to have decent sound. Everyhing on the board is so close that it pick's up noise.

So i plugged back my old faithful sb live wich also has better software bundle.

I d'ont think cpu load is an issue here.