mark

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

Why is it every time I go to battle net to play SC/BW, the only games I
ever see are Hunters, BGH, LT and their clones and the braindead money
maps?
I am so sick and tired of only seeing those maps.

I have created games with different maps, but rarely does anyone join.

Is every their afraid of different maps because they might lose and are
afraid to think and use their initiative?

(Please keep abuse to a minimum)

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER Mark
<tridiak@ihug.co.nz> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:
>Why is it every time I go to battle net to play SC/BW, the only games I
>ever see are Hunters, BGH, LT and their clones and the braindead money
>maps?

Because people know those maps by heart and like them.

>I am so sick and tired of only seeing those maps.
>
>I have created games with different maps, but rarely does anyone join.

If you want to play on different maps, you better have an online
partner for that, or then be prepared to spam the channels for non-LT
game.

>Is every their afraid of different maps because they might lose and are
>afraid to think and use their initiative?

Well, yes. I'd never agree to play on an (for me) unknown map if I
know my opponent is close to my own playing level - Map knowledge (or
rather, your enemy's lack of it) is a /HUGE/ advantage (depending on
the map, of course).
That, and you really can't play to your fullest ability unless you
know the ins and outs of the playing field in question. It's a vicious
circle; Even those few who otherwise might play other maps don't do
it, since all they can find are LT games, and thus they never get that
familiar with the other maps, and as a result don't really want to
play them due to their unfamiliarty.

And no, that little preview-minimap before the game doesn't really
help the issue ;-P

.....OH MY GOD I'VE WRITTEN SOMETHING ON-TOPIC!
--
The Melodramatic MuuMi

"I wuv fishes"
- Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

ICQ: 26741225
E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:08:30 +0300,
ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)
wrote:

>Well, yes. I'd never agree to play on an (for me) unknown map if I
>know my opponent is close to my own playing level - Map knowledge (or
>rather, your enemy's lack of it) is a /HUGE/ advantage (depending on
>the map, of course).

Oh oh, it's official. You're a coward.

--
byerstheoblivious

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:58:22 +1200, Mark <tridiak@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Why is it every time I go to battle net to play SC/BW, the only games I
>ever see are Hunters, BGH, LT and their clones and the braindead money
>maps?
>I am so sick and tired of only seeing those maps.
>
>I have created games with different maps, but rarely does anyone join.
>
>Is every their afraid of different maps because they might lose and are
>afraid to think and use their initiative?
>
>(Please keep abuse to a minimum)

People are idiots. This is nothing new...

--
byerstheoblivious

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER Byers ex
machina <don't@think.so> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON MY COMPUTAR
SCREEN!!!!:
>On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:08:30 +0300,
>ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)
>wrote:
>
>>Well, yes. I'd never agree to play on an (for me) unknown map if I
>>know my opponent is close to my own playing level - Map knowledge (or
>>rather, your enemy's lack of it) is a /HUGE/ advantage (depending on
>>the map, of course).
>
>Oh oh, it's official. You're a coward.

....At least I play the game when challenged ;-P

--
The Melodramatic MuuMi

"I wuv fishes"
- Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

ICQ: 26741225
E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:56:25 +0300,
wrote:

>>Oh oh, it's official. You're a coward.
>
>...At least I play the game when challenged ;-P

At least I'd be willing to accept challenges in other, newer games
that I actually play, as opposed to just playing the same decade-old
game over and over again on the same 1-2 maps and calling every other
game gh3y as an excuse not to be SPNAKed horribly at them.

--
byerstheoblivious

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:58:22 +1200, Mark <tridiak@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>Why is it every time I go to battle net to play SC/BW, the only games I
>>ever see are Hunters, BGH, LT and their clones and the braindead money
>>maps?
>>I am so sick and tired of only seeing those maps.
>>
>>I have created games with different maps, but rarely does anyone join.
>>
>>Is every their afraid of different maps because they might lose and are
>>afraid to think and use their initiative?
>>
>>(Please keep abuse to a minimum)
>
> People are idiots. This is nothing new...

I see. This means it excludes me, considering the god like title and all.
Well, you know...
--
Steven Ung
Life is like a roller coaster...

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:07:43 +0800, "Steven Ung"
<steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:

>> People are idiots. This is nothing new...
>
>I see. This means it excludes me, considering the god like title and all.
>Well, you know...

Well, if you truly are God, you created man in your own image...

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:07:43 +0800, "Steven Ung"
> <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:
>
>>> People are idiots. This is nothing new...
>>
>>I see. This means it excludes me, considering the god like title and all.
>>Well, you know...
>
> Well, if you truly are God, you created man in your own image...

Why the "if" ?
--

"MuuMiMan" <ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi> wrote
in message news:tuqe61ho27amfj9cdu5h5rsijiogh572sc@4ax.com...
> ....OH MY GOD I'VE WRITTEN SOMETHING ON-TOPIC!

Here, breathe into a brown paper sack, it helps

-LTP

:)

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:56:25 +0300,
> ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)
> wrote:
>
>>>Oh oh, it's official. You're a coward.
>>
>>...At least I play the game when challenged ;-P
>
> At least I'd be willing to accept challenges in other, newer games
> that I actually play, as opposed to just playing the same decade-old
> game over and over again on the same 1-2 maps and calling every other
> game gh3y as an excuse not to be SPNAKed horribly at them.

Scaredy pants

-LTP

:)

"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>> Well, if you truly are God, you created man in your own image...
>
> Why the "if" ?

Because we all think you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.

-LTP

:)

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:

>Scaredy pants

He's always been. Always will be.

--
The Melodramatic MuuMi

"I wuv fishes"
- Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

ICQ: 26741225
E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER Byers ex
machina <don't@think.so> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON MY COMPUTAR
SCREEN!!!!:
>On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:56:25 +0300,
>ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)
>wrote:
>
>>>Oh oh, it's official. You're a coward.
>>
>>...At least I play the game when challenged ;-P
>
>At least I'd be willing to accept challenges in other, newer games
>that I actually play, as opposed to just playing the same decade-old
>game over and over again on the same 1-2 maps and calling every other
>game gh3y as an excuse not to be SPNAKed horribly at them.

Feh. Excuses, excuses.

Unfortuanetly, I havn't really been actively played any online game
since good old SC (I'm open for suggestions on appropriate drugs, but
MMO's are a no. And the first person to mention CS will be fed to the
rabid hyenas) Actually, there's scare few games I've played at all in
the past year =/

--
The Melodramatic MuuMi

"I wuv fishes"
- Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

ICQ: 26741225
E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 04:24:43 +0300,
wrote:

>Feh. Excuses, excuses.

You're the one with excuses here...

>Unfortuanetly, I havn't really been actively played any online game
>since good old SC (I'm open for suggestions on appropriate drugs, but
>MMO's are a no. And the first person to mention CS will be fed to the
>rabid hyenas) Actually, there's scare few games I've played at all in
>the past year =/

WoW, morno. It's the best game evarr...

--
byerstheoblivious

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER Byers ex
machina <don't@think.so> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON MY COMPUTAR
SCREEN!!!!:

>WoW, morno. It's the best game evarr...

Wow is an MMO. MMOs are the devil. Hence, Wow is teh devil.

--
The Melodramatic MuuMi

"I wuv fishes"
- Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

ICQ: 26741225
E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:36:24 +0300,
wrote:

>>WoW, morno. It's the best game evarr...
>
>Wow is an MMO. MMOs are the devil. Hence, Wow is teh devil.

If you can play it for an hour an then quit, something's clearly
fundamentally wrong with you.
If you haven't tried it, too bad for you.

--
byerstheoblivious

"Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message
> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>>> Well, if you truly are God, you created man in your own image...
>>
>> Why the "if" ?
>
> Because we all think you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.

That is what they said about Neo
--

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:36:24 +0300,
> ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)
> wrote:
>
>>>WoW, morno. It's the best game evarr...
>>
>>Wow is an MMO. MMOs are the devil. Hence, Wow is teh devil.
>
> If you can play it for an hour an then quit, something's clearly
> fundamentally wrong with you.
> If you haven't tried it, too bad for you.

That is the reason why I'm not keen on getting it - I have other things that
have priority (well atleast should have)
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

"Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message

> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:36:24 +0300,
>> ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)

>>>Wow is an MMO. MMOs are the devil. Hence, Wow is teh devil.
>>
>> If you can play it for an hour an then quit, something's clearly
>> fundamentally wrong with you.
>> If you haven't tried it, too bad for you.
>
> That is the reason why I'm not keen on getting it - I have other things
> that have priority (well atleast should have)

Such as?
--
Steven Ung
Life is like a roller coaster...

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER Byers ex
machina <don't@think.so> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON MY COMPUTAR
SCREEN!!!!:
>On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:36:24 +0300,
>ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)
>wrote:
>
>>>WoW, morno. It's the best game evarr...
>>
>>Wow is an MMO. MMOs are the devil. Hence, Wow is teh devil.
>
>If you can play it for an hour an then quit, something's clearly
>fundamentally wrong with you.
>If you haven't tried it, too bad for you.

Bastards didn't want to let me in on the beta, and I ain't wasting any
money on that game without playing it first. Plus, I don't really want
another life-devoting game anymore =P. Something more casual will do
nicely.

--
The Melodramatic MuuMi

"I wuv fishes"
- Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

ICQ: 26741225
E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:52:22 +0300,
wrote:
>Bastards didn't want to let me in on the beta, and I ain't wasting any
>money on that game without playing it first. Plus, I don't really want
>another life-devoting game anymore =P. Something more casual will do
>nicely.

There are ... ways ... of trying it for free.

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:03:16 -0700, Zealot The Crazy Lui
<ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote:

>There are ... ways ... of trying it for free.

Oh?

--
byerstheoblivious

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:03:03 -0700, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so>
wrote:
>Oh?

Yes. Both legal and not-so-legal ways. The first would be playing on a
friend's account or something like that. The second involved some
rather major hacking of the server software and minor hacking of the
client software.

h tee tee pee colon slash slash wowressources dot free dot fr slash

--

> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:36:24 +0300,
>>> ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi (MuuMiMan)

>>> If you can play it for an hour an then quit, something's clearly
>>> fundamentally wrong with you.
>>> If you haven't tried it, too bad for you.
>>
>> That is the reason why I'm not keen on getting it - I have other things
>> that have priority (well atleast should have)
>
> Such as?

A decent paying job is my main priority. A girlfriend would be nice as well,
but I want to be able to spend time with her (my current hours do a nice job
of completely taking out the weekend). There are also other financial goals
(but they can btake a back seat in the meantime).
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition