[SOLVED] Scan 2060 i5 PC

Nov 24, 2019
Hiya, new here, hopefully not breaking any rules by posting links?
Anyways, I am looking at getting a PC for a friend, prebuilt as it has been a few years since I put mine together and he is looking for something quicker than what I need.
I have been browsing and came across this:
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/sca...00-16gb-ddr4-6gb-evga-rtx-2060-1tb-ssd-win-10

Which seems to be about right price wise and part wise. However, I just want a second opinion as I know some prebuilts cut corners or pair components that will bottleneck each other. I think this is a good build, but would appreciate some feedback :)

Solution
Most of it does. I personally wouldn't run an A320 board. Very basic. It will work with your CPU, but I haven't used such a basic board in years. Most are also not fans of the VS PSU series. And of course you can't make changes most of the time. (I'm also personally not a fan of the RTX 2060 series.) Overall it's not a horrible deal parts wise. I don't know England prices, but for USA prices £1k+ is way overpriced. That's a $100+ CPU and a $350 GPU. Sub $500 will get you the most expensive parts. There is no way the rest of everything else is $500+. But of course you have to pay the build fee so if you like it then go for it.

FYI, the 1660TI is nearly as fast as the 2060 which is too weak to do RTX features, but is only...

4745454b

Titan
The problem with prebuilts is they don't mention everything in it. If you are lucky they might say something about a 500 or 550W PSU. Brand or model info is usually impossible to find. Same thing with the motherboard. But you generally want more than just chipset info. And Lord help you if you need to update a bios later on.

Reactions: Detective Sh4rk
Nov 24, 2019
The problem with prebuilts is they don't mention everything in it. If you are lucky they might say something about a 500 or 550W PSU. Brand or model info is usually impossible to find. Same thing with the motherboard. But you generally want more than just chipset info. And Lord help you if you need to update a bios later on.
Ok, makes sense. This one seems quite good as it gives a fair amount of details (I think):

ComponentDescription
ChassisScan Core 01 RGB
MotherboardASUS EX-A320M-GAMING
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz Six Core with SMT
Memory16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4
Graphics Card6GB EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 BLACK EDITION
Power SupplyCorsair VS550 – 80PLUS
System Drive1TB Intel 660p M.2 SSD
NetworkingIntel LAN & ASUS Wi-Fi
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 Home 64bit
Recovery MediaRecovery USB drive with system image and diagnostic software
Warranty2 Year Warranty - 2 Years Return to Base (inc Parts & Labour)

This looks good to me. You agree?

4745454b

Titan
Most of it does. I personally wouldn't run an A320 board. Very basic. It will work with your CPU, but I haven't used such a basic board in years. Most are also not fans of the VS PSU series. And of course you can't make changes most of the time. (I'm also personally not a fan of the RTX 2060 series.) Overall it's not a horrible deal parts wise. I don't know England prices, but for USA prices £1k+ is way overpriced. That's a $100+ CPU and a $350 GPU. Sub $500 will get you the most expensive parts. There is no way the rest of everything else is $500+. But of course you have to pay the build fee so if you like it then go for it.

FYI, the 1660TI is nearly as fast as the 2060 which is too weak to do RTX features, but is only $230 instead of $330. At least here in the states. Your market might be different. But that's why I'm not a fan of the 2060. Can't do RTX things, while costing way more than other cards that are basically as fast.

Solution
Nov 24, 2019

FYI, the 1660TI is nearly as fast as the 2060 which is too weak to do RTX features, but is only $230 instead of $330. At least here in the states. Your market might be different. But that's why I'm not a fan of the 2060. Can't do RTX things, while costing way more than other cards that are basically as fast.
Thank you, that's really helpful

Not unreasonable for the specs.
I can't say about the value.
Some parts are there because they are cheap.

1. Corsair VS power supplies are considered as poor quality. tier 6/6 on this list:
  1. I read some concerns about the A320 chipset.
  2. Intel 660P is cheaper than competitors for a reason. Performance is less. Still, vastly better than a 1tb HDD and intel is good quality.
  3. These are high end parts that will be hot. I do not see the case as having great air intake capability.

You might look at the lenovo legion T730 series.
They can be ordered customized.
Here is one with a stronger RTX2070 and a very strong I7-9700K
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Leg...gion+t730&qid=1574616626&s=electronics&sr=1-1