scanner wizard disappeared?

After installing sp2 (on winxp pro) it seems I no longer have a scan wizard.
I have removed the scanner from device manager and let xp find it again but
this doesn't help.
Also, when I go to add hardware, Canon is not listed as one of the
manufactureres (which seems odd).

My scanner (canoscan n670u) does show up in the Scanners and Cameras window,
but all I can do is view properties.

When I run the wizard manually (wiaacmgr.exe), it says the computer cannot
detect the scanner or camera.

Any ideas?

You may want to try reinstalling the software that came with your Canon
scanner (or the updated versions from Canon's website). When you
install Service Pack 2, it often times messes up the original
drivers/software that was installed and requires the drivers/software to
be reinstalled in order for them to work properly.

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)