Scanners & Cameras: How may I totally remove one?

I've become very frustrated by the appearance of long removed cameras in
the 'choose scanner / camera / twain / device .....' dialogs that exist
in many applications. For example, in MS-Word the 'Insert> Picture> From
Scanner or Camera'.

I've searched the registry for all occurrences of the offending camera
names and removed them, but they're all still there when I go back to
the pick list. I can find nothing gets them out of these pick lists
permanently.

Any ideas please?
--
Neale Hind
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Jerry

Sometimes it's necessary after a hardware removal/change to boot into Safe
Mode , open Device Manager, and verify everything removed is really gone.