scanning and repairing drive c mean

Solution
when windows shuts down in windows 10, it doesn't actually turn off. It normally goes into a hybred sleep mode where half the things you had open at exit are saved to hdd and other half saved to ram so when you turn pc on again its fast to load.

If you turn power switch off, it flushes the contents of ram meaning Win 10 has to take longer to start up though if you have ssd, its not noticeably longer

If you plan on doing thsi a lot, you might consider turning off fast boot as then pc will shutdown when you turn it off. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html
If you see it every now and then, no it's not a problem. Something happened (maybe the computer crashed) which left a flag on the drive saying it was "dirty" (all pending writes hadn't yet been completed). Windows is checking all the files on the disk to clean up any stray fragments.

If you see it every time, then yes you have a problem. Are you by chance turning the computer off with the power switch, instead of shutting it down via the Start menu?

Joel Macho Perez

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013
I always shut it down from the start mean, but one night i shut it down and it didn't go off so i had to turn the power switch off. what i also find it funny that there was a windows 10 update then this happen just once. now I shut down my PC from the start menu once it shut down i turn the power switch off cause there time I'm not using my PC for while is that bad to do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
when windows shuts down in windows 10, it doesn't actually turn off. It normally goes into a hybred sleep mode where half the things you had open at exit are saved to hdd and other half saved to ram so when you turn pc on again its fast to load.

If you turn power switch off, it flushes the contents of ram meaning Win 10 has to take longer to start up though if you have ssd, its not noticeably longer

If you plan on doing thsi a lot, you might consider turning off fast boot as then pc will shutdown when you turn it off. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Solution