Question scanning and repairing drive volume during windows 10 installation ?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
This message appear when first reboot, second reboot and last reboot " scanning and repairing drive volume (name and number) and percentage. Windows just installed successfully. But i curious what is this and is it fine?

This is the screenshots
cE5rQso.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
You know that it's not right when you don't see circling dots at the start of a boot sequence till the end of the OS boot to GUI.

You might want to back up your data that might be on the OS's installed drive/partition and then check back with the version of the OS you're on. Also take note of any noise that might be coming off your HDD, assuming this isn't an SSD with the OS on it.

We're currently on 1903 for Windows 10. That should serve as a reference point if you're on an older version of the OS.

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
You know that it's not right when you don't see circling dots at the start of a boot sequence till the end of the OS boot to GUI.

You might want to back up your data that might be on the OS's installed drive/partition and then check back with the version of the OS you're on. Also take note of any noise that might be coming off your HDD, assuming this isn't an SSD with the OS on it.

We're currently on 1903 for Windows 10. That should serve as a reference point if you're on an older version of the OS.

Just bought this laptop and yes this is HDD and there is no noise at al and i can use my windows normally right nowl. Is it possible because damage installation file from my flash drive ? Because i've been use this flash drive to install couple of device before

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I've never seen anything like this.

If this is a fresh install, I'd try reinstalling again, using diskpart to wipe the drive as part of it, and see if this continues to show up:

Doing a completely clean reinstall:

a) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

b) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

Yeah i will try to reinstalling again, i will wipe my flash drive and make new bootable from MCT. Is frequently clean install your windows can damage your hard drive ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
You could clean install Windows (or any OS) ten million times [perhaps slight hyperbole] and it should not have any substantial impact on your HDD life. And the same can probably be said these days even about SSD life.

Worrying about how many times one might reinstall the OS having an impact on drive life is just not worth doing.

Reactions: PeyoteFTW

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
You could clean install Windows (or any OS) ten million times [perhaps slight hyperbole] and it should not have any substantial impact on your HDD life. And the same can probably be said these days even about SSD life.

Worrying about how many times one might reinstall the OS having an impact on drive life is just not worth doing.

Before i start reinstalling. I run HD tune and this is the result

244583d1566865869-scanning-repairing-drive-volume-during-windows-10-installation-screenshot-2-.png

244584d1566865897-scanning-repairing-drive-volume-during-windows-10-installation-screenshot-4-.png

244585d1566865897-scanning-repairing-drive-volume-during-windows-10-installation-screenshot-5-.png

244582d1566865838-scanning-repairing-drive-volume-during-windows-10-installation-screenshot-3-.png