Rubix

If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed any
add-ons previously, what would you buy?

Rubix

dallas

"Rubix"
> If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed
any
> add-ons previously, what would you buy?

1) FSGenesis mesh for your preferred flying areas
2) Ultimate Terrain if you fly in Canada or USA

I'd save the rest for Birds Eye View when it comes out.

Dallas

I'd put your money in FSGenesis Landclass and possibly some mesh from the
same source depending on where you fly in the simulator. For the buck, this
will give you a great improvement. Above that, you might want to consider
Ultimate Terrain which will completely revamp your scenery world.
That leaves Birds Eye View, which will complete the scenery and is due out
shortly.
There are specific area sceneries like Misty Fjords which are absolutely
first rate but more localized to an area and a preferred way of using the
simulator.
Scenery is an individual call.
Before you buy anything, do some research and find out how what you are
considering will interface with what you have in the system in the way of
resources. Doing this can be time VERY well spent.
Dudley Henriques
"Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
> If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed
> any add-ons previously, what would you buy?
>
> Rubix

Hi Rubix,

1. If you could stretch it to $150, you could sign up for FSGenesis
"GalaxyPlus Lifetime Membership", which entitles you to everything they've
done, and everything they do in the future!!

Justin and his mob are widely regarded as, overall, the best in the
business.....

2. BirdsEyeView, when it's released:

http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/

It seems to be the best thing since sliced barramundi! :)

Regards,
John Ward
"Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
> If you had $75 to spend on scenery for FS 2004 and you hadn't installed
> any add-ons previously, what would you buy?
>
> Rubix

Rubix

One piece of advice. If you are thinking of buying any fancy airport scenery
check that it doesn't kill the frame rates for other users with similar
systems. I've now removed the UK airports that I had installed because it
ruined things for me.

I would second the other suggestion about FSGenesis.

Regards

Geoff