Question Schematic for Overpowered OP-LP3

Nov 3, 2022
I have a three year old Overpowered OP-LP3 Laptop. Recently the glue holding the display on failed and the display tilted down applying pressure to the connector. Not wanting to work on it myself I brought it to a shop that reinserted the connector but the display would not light up, the repaiman suspects the pins in the connector were bent and shorted out. The repairman opened up the computer and found burnt components on the motherboard. Problem is we can't find a schematic for this machine in order to identify the failed parts. Do you have any idea where to find a schematic for this Overpowered OP-LP3 Laptop? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. It's a beautiful machine and I really need to get it working. Thank you in advance.

Motherboard Image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/o...AlrkppqeOgKfadndmUgAA=w423-h938-no?authuser=0

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Unfortunately, you're not likely going to be able to find anything public for something like this. If any of the burnt components are repairable (like capacitors), they are probably identified on the part themselves. Things that aren't are likely proprietary and not replaceable. If anything significant has been burnt, there's likely more damage to the PCB, and the laptop would need an entirely new motherboard. Finding the right motherboard would be a significant challenge.

Most likely, due to the significant cost in money and time, getting a new laptop would be the more practical option.

Nov 3, 2022
Unfortunately, you're not likely going to be able to find anything public for something like this. If any of the burnt components are repairable (like capacitors), they are probably identified on the part themselves. Things that aren't are likely proprietary and not replaceable. If anything significant has been burnt, there's likely more damage to the PCB, and the laptop would need an entirely new motherboard. Finding the right motherboard would be a significant challenge.

Most likely, due to the significant cost in money and time, getting a new laptop would be the more practical option.
Thanks for the reply, there is no discernible markings on the damaged components. It's my understanding that this chassis was used on other laptops under different names. It's an expensive machine that's still working using the external HDMI connection. I would like to get the 17 inch display working again if possible. Worst case is to just use it with an external monitor for the time being.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Thanks for the reply, there is no discernible markings on the damaged components. It's my understanding that this chassis was used on other laptops under different names. It's an expensive machine that's still working using the external HDMI connection. I would like to get the 17 inch display working again if possible. Worst case is to just use it with an external monitor for the time being.

Your best hope is to contact Tsinghua Tongfang in Hong Kong as they made the laptops that Walmart rebranded.

Were the damaged components in the panel itself? I had the impression that they also found a problem in your laptop's motherboard. In that case, the best option might be trying to find a broken laptop using the same panel on eBay.

Reactions: Heath Wirt
Nov 3, 2022
Your best hope is to contact Tsinghua Tongfang in Hong Kong as they made the laptops that Walmart rebranded.

Were the damaged components in the panel itself? I had the impression that they also found a problem in your laptop's motherboard. In that case, the best option might be trying to find a broken laptop using the same panel on eBay.

Sent them an email requesting the information, hope they reply. The pins were bent on the cable connecting to the display which must have caused a short circuit. I just need to identify the components. The damage is on the motherboard. Added an image link in the original post.

Last edited: