[SOLVED] School assigned laptop not booting with error 0xc000021a

Jun 30, 2020
Context: I'm a pretty bored kid with a lot of free time and I thought about booting Windows 10 from a flash drive on my school laptop. Both OS's have worked simultaneously for months now, however I switched to the dedicated school Windows 10 and now it boots with the error "0xc000021a". Is there some fix for this that I can manually do? I've followed a video on YouTube but I'm really not sure what to do. I'm pretty broke so I don't wanna pay the school lmao and I can't really go out rn cus of the rona

Solution
Are you still trying to boot with external drive attached? If you are remove it and try again.

If what you did left a restore partition on the system (If it had one to begin with) you can try doing a system restore to factory defaults. It's likely the school systems are not setup just with a base Win 10 setup but would have policies in place to prevent tampering with so you would need to contact them and ask how to do a clean setup on a system.
Are you still trying to boot with external drive attached? If you are remove it and try again.

If what you did left a restore partition on the system (If it had one to begin with) you can try doing a system restore to factory defaults. It's likely the school systems are not setup just with a base Win 10 setup but would have policies in place to prevent tampering with so you would need to contact them and ask how to do a clean setup on a system.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS