School wireless network not working for 1 of my 2 computers?

pladpenguin00

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Ok so i am currently using my laptop to type this and i am using the schools internet here at georgia southern. But my desktop is not connecting.It started yesterday when we had icing problems and the internet shutdown. Well its obviously back but my desktop wont connect.

The school uses an identity confirmation application to make sure that we dont have squatters on the network. The moment i enter my id and password and press enter, google shoots me an error page that says 1 of 2 things, either the network is down or that there was a connection break and that i should reload the page. well ive reloaded the page and turned off my computer, reset my netgear wifi adapter, run diagnostics on the wifi, disconnected, reconnected, so on and so forth.

Im at the point where i dont know what to do on my end anymore and the phone number for the assistance on the other end, no one is there. I assume because we have the day off but i dont know.

So im back at good old tom's hardware looking for some answers. ill be happy to add more information if it will help you guys help me just tell me what you need and thank you guys for the time

pladpenguin00

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
ok help not needed anymore i deleted a program i was unaware of but it has been on my computer for like a month now, not sure if it was the problem but internet is working now

Thanks guys