News Score a Free Intel A750 GPU With RTX 4090 Purchase from Japanese Retailer

This promo doesn't actually make much sense, in my opinion. It's an ODD combination of GPU bundle for sure.

BTW, this isn't the first time that Japan has offered an unusually weird discount or promotion on Intel's Arc products. Previously some retailers in the country offered the Intel Arc A750 8 GB graphics card for as low as $150 US.

It looks like Japan really got an abundance of Arc Alchemist stock that is now being offloaded through these promotions. 19,800 Japanese Yen which converts to $150 US.

View: https://twitter.com/SquashBionic/status/1624067516506198016

Overstock of Intel GPUs in Japan ?

Intel-Arc-A750-150-US-Japanese-Retailer-scaled.jpg

Reactions: PEnns
D

Deleted member 1353997

It looks like Japan really got an abundance of Arc Alchemist stock that is now being offloaded through these promotions. 19,800 Japanese Yen which converts to $150 US.
It's also worth noting that in Japan, foreign electronics is more expensive than outside Japan. For example, Intel CPUs are often 20-30% more expensive in Japan than elsewhere.

So for them to sell the A750 for almost half its regular price is very telling.

SethNW

Reputable
Jul 27, 2019
Well, I guess they got two low interest product and hope they can get rid of both... :-D

I guess in a way it makes sense, give product that doesn't sell to improve value if more expensive product you didn't fully give up on yet and hope that consumers see value in reselling Arc or have need for second card. But it still is quite funny situation with how silly the offer is. Still better than exploding Gigabyte PSUs though. :-D

It's also worth noting that in Japan, foreign electronics is more expensive than outside Japan. For example, Intel CPUs are often 20-30% more expensive in Japan than elsewhere.

So for them to sell the A750 for almost half its regular price is very telling.

Yeah, the electronics is usually expensive in Japan, except for some other goods. So this 150 USD price tag for the Intel Arc GPU sounds like a real deal for customers of Japan.

I mean in 150 USD you are getting a very capable card which is enough for gaming. Because I think in this price range, it's hard to find a GPU as powerful as the A750.

I think the seller got these cards in bulk/wholesale value, maybe even at a much lower price than 150 USD per card. Though. I'm just guessing here. It is either that, or the seller has got a huge inventory of these cards stocked in his warehouse.

So maybe they are selling off these at a cheaper price just to clear the inventory and overstock, imo.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
What an awesome idea!!

When you're finally tired of playing your games at 350 fps, just plug in this baby and play them (or just admire them....) at 25 fps!!

TRENDING THREADS