Question Scorpion G60 gamepad change driver when I plug the cable.

Edysmf

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
I bought Scorpion G60 gamepad for using it wireless and connected it via Bluetooth. All is fine but when I connect the cable it disconnects. I figured the problem somehow but not sure how to solve it. When is connected wireless via Bluetooth it is reconised as "Buetooth gamepad" and works fine. When I plug the cable it start charging, as it should do, BUT the PC start reconise it as "GT60" gamepad. It works fine when plugged on wire BUT the problem is that I have to restart the game... :( That shouldn't be a big problem if I wouldn't play Fifa online. Every time the gamepad goes low battery I can't continue playing and I lose, ofc. What I want to do is to prevent windows to switch the "Bluetooth gamepad" driver on "GT60" driver when I plug the cable. can it be done? And how, please? Thank you.

So what you are experiencing sounds like normal behavior for some games. Older titles and a decent number of more modern games are bad at switching input devices on the fly.

One potential workaround is to just plug the other end of the USB cable into a wall charger instead of the computer. this should prevent it from switching to wired mode but i cant make any promises it all depends on how the device is set up internally. I cant find any information on the charging specs for that controller so lets assume it is running at the USB 2.0 minimum spec of 5W 0.5A. try and find a charging block that outputs this

Edysmf

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
Well is not about some games, that happens even in windows. I go to control/panel/devices and printers/gamepad an there I right click and select "game controller settings". Well, when gamepad is connected only wireless via Bluetooth, it appears in the list as "Bluetooth gamepad". When I plug the cable on it "Bluetooth gamepad" remaining active but not working anymore and another one named "GT60" appears and now gamepad works as "GT60". When I disconnect the cable it goes back to "Bluetooth gamepad" and start working again. And yes, if I use some phone charger for it, it works but the problem is if this happens in the middle of the game, witch is online and can't be paused more than 30 seconds, I can't go and use the phone charger with only 1 meter of cable to charge the gamepad... is awful. All I want is to use the USB only as a charger for gamepad not let it switching the driver when I connect it then switching back when I disconnect it. If is possible...