[SOLVED] SCPToolkit messed up drivers even after windows reinstall PS4 controller not detected

geniusiemens

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I've been using a PS4 controller on PC with Steam for some time without issue, (never had SCPToolkit at that point!) but one time I only had a PS3 controller with me, and I used SCPToolkit to make it work too.

Since then, I got my PS4 controller back, but it wasn't working as it used to, so in the end I reinstalled win 10, but I couldn't manage to make it work again no matter what I do, nothing detects the controller, in fact it is seen as a wireless controller among the devices, but it doesn't do anything, programs can't see it.

I tried a brand new controller, different cable, they work fine on another PC, I tried DS4 windows as I think that was what I used the first time.

How is it possible that even windows reinstall doesn't clean up whatever SCP put in?

I know, you can tell me off how irresponsible I was by using programs I don't know, but after that, please help how to make a clean way to use my PS4 controller!

Thank you

Solution
Steam was very 'difficult' at times with my PS controllers as well.

Did you set Steam for the specific controller, or have you tried "generic" controller? I found the latter worked best for me.

SCP is a neat program but it did cause some strange issues from time to time. I ended up opting to go with Xbox controller(s) but have found that the newest one of those needs a special dongle (at additional cost, of course) to work right. I bypassed that by just plugging it in with a USB cable and it works great. The older controllers work fine.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Steam was very 'difficult' at times with my PS controllers as well.

Did you set Steam for the specific controller, or have you tried "generic" controller? I found the latter worked best for me.

SCP is a neat program but it did cause some strange issues from time to time. I ended up opting to go with Xbox controller(s) but have found that the newest one of those needs a special dongle (at additional cost, of course) to work right. I bypassed that by just plugging it in with a USB cable and it works great. The older controllers work fine.

Solution

geniusiemens

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
I chose to remove files, but do not wipe the disk, because for a laptop it's easier to set up the system with factory programs and such. But again, I did not keep my files when reinstalling.

I always used the PS4 controller with USB cable, I don't need it to be wireless. And I marked the PS controller support in Steam controller settings, but I also tried every other option, none worked.

TRENDING THREADS