[SOLVED] Scraping sound from PC only when encoding video

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxb.dxxx

Commendable
Feb 19, 2020
Hi All,

Ive got a weird scraping sound when im encoding video using a upscaling video program called "Topaz enchanced video AI"

I've tried a separate GPU and CPU stress test with no results. Topaz only use about 50% GPU and CPU so i doubt it could be that.

im encoding on a SSD so I wouldnt know why my mechanical drives would be making this sound.

The only thing it could be in my new PSU but im unsure why it would make the sound only when encoding video and not on games or the stress tests.

The link below is a amplified version of the sound but you can here the scraping sound.
https://voca.ro/14ZGXbtyfIVL

my set up:
Ryzen 3600
2080ti
asus prime a320m-k
16GB RAM
Sandisk SSD
4tb mechanical HDD

Cheers guys

Solution
Hi All,

Ive got a weird scraping sound when im encoding video using a upscaling video program called "Topaz enchanced video AI"

I've tried a separate GPU and CPU stress test with no results. Topaz only use about 50% GPU and CPU so i doubt it could be that.

im encoding on a SSD so I wouldnt know why my mechanical drives would be making this sound.

The only thing it could be in my new PSU but im unsure why it would make the sound only when encoding video and not on games or the stress tests.

The link below is a amplified version of the sound but you can here the scraping sound.

my set up:
Ryzen 3600
2080ti
asus prime a320m-k
16GB RAM
Sandisk SSD
4tb mechanical HDD

Cheers guys
I would say...
Hi All,

my set up:
Ryzen 3600
2080ti
asus prime a320m-k
16GB RAM
Sandisk SSD
4tb mechanical HDD

Cheers guys
I would say that sound is almost guaranteed to be some sort of coil whine. I would not worry about it. The only other thing it could be is a fan touching something at certain RPMs or the bearings in the fans at certain RPMs.

Reactions: xxxb.dxxx
Solution

xxxb.dxxx

Commendable
Feb 19, 2020
I would say that sound is almost guaranteed to be some sort of coil whine. I would not worry about it. The only other thing it could be is a fan touching something at certain RPMs or the bearings in the fans at certain RPMs.

Thank you for the information. i did think it might be that but i couldnt isolate it. cheers

Reactions: helper800
Status
Not open for further replies.