Question scratch on back of motherboard

Oct 17, 2019
I was having trouble aligning my motherboard with the standoffs, and when i took out my motherboard and looked at the back, i noticed these white stain/scratch like marks on the back.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/Y0HozZQ

Did i potentially damage my board? I’ve booted it up before and it was working fine, but i decided to take it out because one of my standoffs wasnt alliagned properly and it was trigerring my ocd... hopefully that dosent come to haunt me with a broken board.

Bobbysix

Commendable
Dec 20, 2019
I did a similar thing once while screwing in my motherboard to my case. The screw holes were basically showing bare metal and I thought that I had ruined my motherboard. Turns out it was fine and I was worried over nothing. If your motherboard works perfectly normally then you have not done any damage.

Oct 17, 2019
I did a similar thing once while screwing in my motherboard to my case. The screw holes were basically showing bare metal and I thought that I had ruined my motherboard. Turns out it was fine and I was worried over nothing. If your motherboard works perfectly normally then you have not done any damage.

I havent tested it yet to check if it works. It worked fine before, but i’m not sure if back then i had the same bare metal on it. Only one way to find out i guess.