Scratched my monitor what are my options?

Ltsmith4

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Hi, I currently have a LG 24GM77 24-Inch 144Hz monitor. I have been using it since November 2015. Well, being the idiot I am, I was trying to take off my wrist rest on my Corsair k70, really close to my screen. It came off but my keyboard went into my screen and put a lovely scratch right in the middle. It isn't that big but little things like this drive me crazy. I'm the kind of guy that will get mad if someone dog ears a page in my book. So, what are my options? Can I get it fixed somewhere for a reasonable price? It is absolutely killing me that this $350 monitor is perfectly fine except the scratch. Should I use this as an excuse to get another monitor? What monitor options are out there that have the same specs and quality? Or should I just deal with it for another year or so then upgrade? Maybe wait until cyber Monday coming up to see if I can get a deal on something? TIA

TL;DR basically I got a scratch in my LG 24GM77 24-Inch 144Hz monitor and am wondering if there is somewhere I can get it fixed or what are some other monitors I should consider upgrading to

Solution
Scratches are visible because monitor glass is transparent, and the scratch is slightly opaque. While you can't repair the scratch (at least not without paying $$$), you can help hide it by making it mostly transparent again. Just get some lotion or petroleum jelly and dab a little on the scratch to fill it in. Use a wet wipe to blot up the excess and smooth out the surface of the lotion/jelly.

That should fill in the rough edges of the scratch which are scattering light making it opaque, and hopefully make the scratch transparent enough again that it doesn't bother you. If you try it and it doesn't work, you can always just wipe it off.
Scratches are visible because monitor glass is transparent, and the scratch is slightly opaque. While you can't repair the scratch (at least not without paying $$$), you can help hide it by making it mostly transparent again. Just get some lotion or petroleum jelly and dab a little on the scratch to fill it in. Use a wet wipe to blot up the excess and smooth out the surface of the lotion/jelly.

That should fill in the rough edges of the scratch which are scattering light making it opaque, and hopefully make the scratch transparent enough again that it doesn't bother you. If you try it and it doesn't work, you can always just wipe it off.

Solution