Question Scratched pins on gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
Pins got scratched and now pc wont start, no signal.
The way you worded that makes me think the entire PC does nothing when you start it. Does it boot and the monitor displays "no signal," or does the PC do absolutely nothing upon pressing the power button?

Also, the gold on the pins is mainly a coating with copper underneath, so the GPU should still work.

Jul 24, 2019
cpu fan spins and stop, case fans work, gpu fans work rgb also works, tried putting in know working cpu same thing only gpu fans stop after a while

pc also worked today only swapped thermal paste on cpu

also update a picture on imgur seems like some of the copper broken off

May 7, 2021
So i think i killed my gpu after removing it today.

View: https://imgur.com/a/6IbN54Y#gUaRwCW

Pins got scratched and now pc wont start, no signal.

Card is MSI 8GB D6 RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio

Is there anything i can do or just try to get warranty on it ? 😢
HEY I have no idea if u still having this problem, but if fans and everything turns on and spins, it's 100% either a storage device problem, or a mother board problem, and it sounds motherboard to me. A cheap budget one, or just an old or faulty one, sounds like ur problem. The gpu spinning and lighting up means its working and has power, and its doing its normal BIOS boot, but without anything to display, does nothing.

kanewolf

Titan
HEY I have no idea if u still having this problem, but if fans and everything turns on and spins, it's 100% either a storage device problem, or a mother board problem, and it sounds motherboard to me. A cheap budget one, or just an old or faulty one, sounds like ur problem. The gpu spinning and lighting up means its working and has power, and its doing its normal BIOS boot, but without anything to display, does nothing.
This is a two year old thread, from an original poster that has not been on the board in two years. Please don't resuscitate old threads.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.