Question Scratched something off

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
Heyo,

I just switched my case and installed an AiO. When I screwed my Motherboard down I accidentally used the wrong screw and it didn't want to come out again. I tried everything I could to get it out but it just wouldn't budge. In the process of aggressively trying to remove the big ol' screw I scratched some liquid-metal thingy off my Motherboard and now it just doesn't boot anymote. I knew that its probably dead now but I had to look the issue up and surprisingly found a guy who had a dead cpu with the same issues. I took my cpu out but couldn't see any broken pins or anything and I honestly doubt my CPU is fried. Everything except my preipherals lights up and spins. Little LED strip on Mobo and the LED Logo on my AiO light up, my 2 case fans, the gpu fan and the 2 AiO Fans start spinning (at full blast even since I couldn't set them up yet).

My Motherboard is a Asus Prime B450-m K and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600x which was OC'd to 3,8GHz. Reset CMOS and reseated everything. Still no signal.

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019

Mr.Spock

Respectable
Dec 8, 2019
yeah definitely clobbered some silicon and looks like some pieces are out of alignment by the m.2 slot as well, not promising...
probably would've been ok if it was just solder.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS