[SOLVED] Scratched something off

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
Heyo,

I just switched my case and installed an AiO. When I screwed my Motherboard down I accidentally used the wrong screw and it didn't want to come out again. I tried everything I could to get it out but it just wouldn't budge. In the process of aggressively trying to remove the big ol' screw I scratched some liquid-metal thingy off my Motherboard and now it just doesn't boot anymote. I knew that its probably dead now but I had to look the issue up and surprisingly found a guy who had a dead cpu with the same issues. I took my cpu out but couldn't see any broken pins or anything and I honestly doubt my CPU is fried. Everything except my preipherals lights up and spins. Little LED strip on Mobo and the LED Logo on my AiO light up, my 2 case fans, the gpu fan and the 2 AiO Fans start spinning (at full blast even since I couldn't set them up yet).

My Motherboard is a Asus Prime B450-m K and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600x which was OC'd to 3,8GHz. Reset CMOS and reseated everything. Still no signal.

Solution
Yeah, that's bad.
Unless you can replace all the SMDs you damaged/removed AND all the traces/contacts are still okay, I would say RIP MB.

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019