Question Screen blank after install cpu on Rog Strix B360-F

Jan 9, 2020
Hello good people,
first time poster here...
I'm by no means a techwizard, but I've put together a few pc's from scratch in my time. My son has a pc with Asus Strix B360-F Gaming mobo, Intel Core i5-9400F cpu, MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Ventus and corsai TX550m 550W psu. Now, he got a Intel Core i9-9900 this xmas and after upgrading the bios I installed it only to get a No Signal Detected on the monitor. I tried a different monitor, same thing. I've reseated the gpu and ram, tried the hdmi on the mobo. Now, the leds light up, and all the fans incl the gpu are spinning... I know that this mobo isn't optimal for such a processor, but with an upgrade to the bios it was supposed to work... I did try to go back to the i5, but it's not even working with that anymore. Also took out the cmos battery for several minutes.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 9, 2020
Ok, it was a bent pin.... used the camera on the phone and zoomed all the way in, and gently nudged it back with a toothpick... PC turned on without any issues after that... just hope it stays that way. Thanks alot for the help :)

TRENDING THREADS