VermilionNeko

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
I currently have an issue with my BenQ G-Sync monitor - BenQ XL2420G - and it's been a problem for a while that only seems to be getting worse. Admittedly, when I'm using my computer, the monitors can be on for a long time, but I always switch them off when I'm not using them. It's ironic that it's happened to this monitor, which is not only my main monitor, but a G-Sync one, and it was expensive. :-\ It's mainly left an outline where the taskbar and pinned icons are, but I noticed that it's started doing it in the centre of the screen and is taking on the image of my background.

I have tried a few things, but they don't appear to have helped. I've tried unplugging the monitor for up to 24-48 hours, and I've tried running those screen 'fixes' for a couple of hours. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I can do to try and fix the issue?

Thanks

Do you have the brightness turned way up or something? It could just be temporary burn-in. Permanent burn-in generally isn't that common on modern screens (aside from perhaps OLED panels). Maybe try watching video full-screen on it for a few hours to see whether that makes any difference.

VermilionNeko

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
Do you have the brightness turned way up or something? It could just be temporary burn-in. Permanent burn-in generally isn't that common on modern screens (aside from perhaps OLED panels). Maybe try watching video full-screen on it for a few hours to see whether that makes any difference.

Both the brightness and contrast are about halfway - 50%

TRENDING THREADS