[SOLVED] Screen cast Samsung S7 tablet to PC

Biglemon29

Honorable
Sep 29, 2014
Hi, I am trying to somehow cast my tablet screen to my windows 10 laptop. I tried using the Smart View app but it said tablet to the computer wasn't supported. Is there any other way to do this wirelessly?

Solution
Hi, I am just trying to screencast my notes app to my screen, so I can write live on my tablet and have it shared on my PC screen which I can then screen share on Zoom. I thought there might be an android equivalent to Apple Airplay, but it seems this is not the case.

If you want to do live document mark-up with handwriting, you can simply use a digitizer/writting tablet for a computer, they are pretty cheap for the generic models https://www.amazon.com/Ultrathin-Gr...ocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-526184912555&psc=1
There's no easy way to do that... You can try remote-desktop server app (TeamViewer comes into mind) running on the tablet, with client running on the PC. I haven't checked Android Studio recently (a huge development IDE), but in previous versions it was possible to remote-control the target device thru it.

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
What exactly are you trying to use on your PC that is present in your smartphone? Screen-casting an Android smartphone on Windows is not so easy and it requires installing some third-party apps which can be dangerous. If it is some Android application that you wish to use, you can try installing a web app for the smartphone app instead on your PC.

Biglemon29

Honorable
Sep 29, 2014
What exactly are you trying to use on your PC that is present in your smartphone? Screen-casting an Android smartphone on Windows is not so easy and it requires installing some third-party apps which can be dangerous. If it is some Android application that you wish to use, you can try installing a web app for the smartphone app instead on your PC.

Hi, I am just trying to screencast my notes app to my screen, so I can write live on my tablet and have it shared on my PC screen which I can then screen share on Zoom. I thought there might be an android equivalent to Apple Airplay, but it seems this is not the case.

It will be probably easier to go other way around - finding a pair of apps which will make your tablet work as a digitizer for Windows, and write your notes into a Windows notetaking app.

If you want to do live document mark-up with handwriting, you can simply use a digitizer/writting tablet for a computer, they are pretty cheap for the generic models https://www.amazon.com/Ultrathin-Gr...ocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-526184912555&psc=1

Solution

Biglemon29

Honorable
Sep 29, 2014

Yes thank you, I just wanted to be able to do this with what I already own. I know iPads can easily with airplay so I hoped there would be a Samsung equivalent. Hopefully in the future they support smart view on tablets