Screen Displaying No signal on using Graphics Card due to drivers

Mar 22, 2018
Hello,
My dad has a PC with intel i5-6600k, Nvidia 1050, Asus Z170 mother board and 8 gigs of ram with Windows 10. Basically what's happening is, whenever he connects the monitor to the HDMI port of his graphics card, he's getting a No signal display but the monitor is working fine with the VGA port on the motherboard.

Without the graphics card driver the monitor is working fine with the graphics card. My guess is that the graphics card driver has set a very high resolution and the monitor cannot display it thus showing no signal( Although it should display Output out of range but the thing is antique and I haven't checked it.)

We had the same problem at my place, that time the screen was very stretched so I checked the resolution in the windows control panel and it was alright. On checking in the Nvidia Control panel it was very high so I had to change it manually. I am guessing it's the case this time as well.
Any ideas how should this be tackled?
Thanks!
Adi.

Mar 22, 2018

Hi!
Yes it does display the BIOS as far as I remember(I'll cross check it out tomorrow).
The thing is the drivers automatically change the resolution when they are connected to a new monitor and I doubt there would be a spare monitor available. I also heard that in Nvidia drivers there are no config files available in the computer itself so I can't get my Dad to change the resolution from there.
Thanks!