Screen flashing/flickering on web browsing

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Hi ,
I am having some flashes on screen from time to time , like two times per day since I turn on my pc . The strange thing is that only occurs when surfing on internet or seeing videos on YouTube( I have tried chrome and firefox browsers), never had problems when gaming and I have more than 300 h on fifa 18 for example and the GPU is this one since I bought the Fifa .my specs are listed on my profile and I have all recent updates and drivers . This video on YouTube is an example of my problem: https://youtu.be/6_TEW0K8T_A , but my problem as I said is from time to time and not every like 10 seconds or something and only use 1 monitor .

If someone could help me or gave me some possible solutions I will be grateful .

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
I have an older pc that does something just like that also. I know mine has something to do with websites that are playing video. Usually sites with an ad that starts playing on it's own. I've never took the time to figure out why. It is extremely annoying. Try checking your tabs for videos playing and getting rid of them. If it works, you at least will know the cause. Mine is a 9 year old duel monitor pc, upgraded to win 10.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

Well I know it happens on YouTube or twitch for example and on other sites it's very rare on other sites can be really some ads that have some video or something but I use Adblock . I am using Windows 10 too but only 1 monitor .