Question Screen flashing while playing games ?

John Malik

Commendable
Dec 18, 2020
I noticed that when i play non demanding games which causes gpu to give 100+ frames screen starts to spawn very tiny vertical lines who flash up and down on screen. When running idle or watching videos even on 4k, no such issues occur. Is it graphics card? Gpu is zotac gtx 970 and all drivers are up to date.

John Malik

Commendable
Dec 18, 2020
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? What are the temps of your GPU when you start to see said vertical lines? Latest BIOS for your motherboard? Make and model of your monitor and how you're paired with the discrete GPU?
I’ve had zeus 650w and replaced it with be quiet 530w modular to see if something changes but still the same. Monitor is benq g900hda i think its 11 year old and i use vga to dvi adapter cause monitor dont have dvi. Also i noticed some degradations (sorry if its bad english) in picture quality when browsing internet and regular use. I recently changed motherboard with asrock b75m dash but i found that its an oem version and i dont know where to update bios if there is an update. Gpu temps are standard, when playing very demanding games its around 80 degrees and with light games like csgo or pes 19 its no more than 60.

Alex Storm

Commendable
Mar 2, 2021
I’ve had zeus 650w and replaced it with be quiet 530w modular to see if something changes but still the same. Monitor is benq g900hda i think its 11 year old and i use vga to dvi adapter cause monitor dont have dvi. Also i noticed some degradations (sorry if its bad english) in picture quality when browsing internet and regular use. I recently changed motherboard with asrock b75m dash but i found that its an oem version and i dont know where to update bios if there is an update. Gpu temps are standard, when playing very demanding games its around 80 degrees and with light games like csgo or pes 19 its no more than 60.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/b75m/
This is ASRock official website, please go to support section under BIOS tab. Find your BIOS version and if you don't have the latest BIOS, update step by step.

John Malik

Commendable
Dec 18, 2020
My mobo is oem, olivetti asrock b75m dash. Current bios is 7/22/2013 so it don't matches any of these from asrock b75m. Closest is 7/23/2013 and newest is 2013/12/27. Is it the same? Can i download that bios?