[SOLVED] Screen flicker after re-applying thermal paste to the GPU ?

Syntherios

Reputable
Nov 7, 2016
So I had an issue with my EVGA 2080 Ti running hotter than it should under full load and was told reapplying the thermal paste could solve the issue, and it did. I was able to play the Halo Infinite beta for a couple of hours with no hiccups, but when I did a stress test with 3DMark, after about 5 or so minutes of the benchmark I started getting aggressive screen flickering, but only on one monitor (I have three). It's been doing it periodically since then.

I've updated the graphics drivers but it didn't help. I did just move the DisplayPort cable around before posting this and it seems to have stopped, but I doubt it was the cable because I've had zero issues with screen flicker until I worked on my card. If anyone could give me some advice on how to troubleshoot, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Looks like it was just the cable. I swapped ports and made sure the cables weren't touching any power cables (apparently they cause interference) and I've had zero screen flicker since then. I'll keep this post up because someone may find it useful in the future.

Last edited: