Question Screen flicker on most blue shades [laptop]

May 12, 2022
Hi, to make this short, im kinda ashamed but i most likely fried the screen or the display port itself[by display port i mean flat connector sry if anyone got confused by that] , i forgot to plug the battery out of my msi gf65 thin 9sd and disconnected screen flat, unfortunately i didnt notice and screen flat did the worst possible thing, fell on the port at a weird angle and the side that has 3 pins for power and 3 pins for ground from what i presume is the backlight part hit something in the near viscinity, saw a tiny spark, immediedly removed the battery plug but after few weeks im noticing whenever most of the screen is in blue it starts flickering and going crazy. Nothing major actually happens, laptop still kinda works its just unusable while blue is on screen, as soon as i fill even small portion 1/4 of the screen with any other color flickering stops[display still acts a bit shaky if most of it is blue] . I tried running it in safe mode still hapens reinstalled drivers still happens, i mostly use 2nd monitor which works fine even while laptop flickers . Now is the lcd most likely done? Or the flat itself? Im afraid ordering new screen that will be 100+ eur and god knows shipping and customs for it in the end not to work. So i just wanted info do like screens get damaged 99% of the time or is it very likely the port itself or the mobo side is done? tried reducing brightness but it also does nothing. When i turn on night light kinda eliminate most of the blue! It works properly even on pictures that were previously flickering and if perhaps it is a filter capacitor somewhere on the monitor side i might have decent chance resoldering new one with adequate equipment. thanks so much for reading and taking ur time. Sorry for long post. Any helping answer is greatly appreciated. Would educate myself more on the topic but i feel that people with experience could guess right away or give a confident answer at least.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022
For the record even a small blue line of few pixels or few dozen pixels that goes from end to end of screen triggers flickering, adding black bars to prevent pixels from reaaching side to side also prevents the issue but the resolution/workspace is so constrained that it is unusable.