Question Screen flicker when first displaying images/video ?

felixscollen

Commendable
Nov 9, 2018
Good morning,

I'm looking for some support as when I startup my device, after letting windows load, and go onto something such as facebook or youtube or if I launch a game first my whole screen and sometimes screens flicker black for 3-7 seconds before coming back on, this is alarming me as there's also some shapes when it flickers like lines. I had this issue and a windows startup issue recently which caused me to reset my whole computer to factory settings just the other day which seems to have resolved the startup issues but this flickering is causing me quite some concern.

At first I thought it was just potentially display adapters switching as I seem to have 2: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.
Though I'm unsure of this now due to the glitching type images that flicker with the black screen for a moment.

I am on an Alienware Aurora R7 running Windows 10.

felixscollen

Commendable
Nov 9, 2018
I have been advised such from Nvidia support
"Request you to kindly get in touch with your Motherboard manufacturer and they should be able to help you disable the onboard intel graphics adapter in the BIOS.

Will look forward for an update from you to assist you better. "

But in BIOS I can't see a way to disable the Intel adapter to test this :/

felixscollen

Commendable
Nov 9, 2018
go to device manager and under display adapters disable that UHD graphic

Hi Kerberos, I did try disabling it there, restarted my device and checked Intel was still disabled then tested but the issue happened again.

I believe it is really an issue with them switching even more now because if I have discord open when this happens it asks if I wants to switch to Nvidia High Definition Audio.