Question Screen flickering after pc being idle?

Nightaker

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
when pc is idle (after turning on the screen)
my screen flickers in low brightness and eventually it stops flickering and the brightness is turned into normal ... i tried reinstalling my display adapters twice once without being in safe mode and second time when in safe mode i checked my graphic card (gtx1050) i cleaned some dust from it and it looked fine so and i doubt its from the graphic card because the flickering only happens after turning on the pc and the monitor or after turning on the screen when pc being idle and the flickering stops after a short while but still idk you guys can prove me wrong
so i think thats all i have to say so please help me fix this

Nightaker

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
I have had this happen with displays in the past.
A component can work either better or worse as it warms up.
If you try a different display and it doesn't flicker....I think this is most likely what it is.
hey i found a different display but it didnt had the right ''hole'' for my cable that connects my gpu with the monitor but i found that the problems is really the monitor because when i reconnected the power cable with the monitor when i switch back without the cable that connects gpu with the monitor the screen was flickering so that means it cant be the gpu so the problem was the monitor the whole time right? or is something wrong with the power cable? idk sorry for the dumb question but still want to be sure

hey i found a different display but it didnt had the right ''hole'' for my cable that connects my gpu with the monitor but i found that the problems is really the monitor because when i reconnected the power cable with the monitor when i switch back without the cable that connects gpu with the monitor the screen was flickering so that means it cant be the gpu so the problem was the monitor the whole time right? or is something wrong with the power cable? idk sorry for the dumb question but still want to be sure
I've been thinking it's probably the monitor from the beginning.
I've come across that exact problem a few times.
I just said....try a different display.....mainly so you could prove it to yourself.