[SOLVED] Screen flickering and windows error after cpu upgrade

dracobeats

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018
Screen Flicker after new installing new CPU

I upgraded my Cpu from a Ryzen 1600 to a Ryzen 3600 recently. After installation I have been getting random screen flickers. It is not constant but it is occasionally. For example when scrubbing around Youtube videos or switching windows around it flickers black. I noticed after installing the new cpu it seems like Windows reinstalled drivers for my gpu and usb devices. I used DDU to uninstall and reinstall my Nvidia drivers. There are not bent pens on the cpu. Also while using OCCT to stress test my system, I got a blue screen that said Video Scheduler Internal Error. This was while using the memory test in OCCT. I have ran all kinds of stress testing and have not ran into a blue screen or error since then.

My GPU is undervolted but I don't think this is the problem because it was undervolted with the last cpu and was fine. Also the Ryzen 3600 is undervolted but I am not sure if a cpu would cause display issues like this. I have also reinstalled chipset drivers and used memtest to check my ram for errors for 4 hours and everything seems fine.

Here is an error that is created when it happens:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffc283b2ca5010

Parameter 2: fffff8074699a9c4

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: a20

OS version: 10\_0\_19043

Service Pack: 0\_0

Product: 256\_1

OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

​

Any ideas what this could be? Thanks.

Screen Flicker after new installing new CPU

I upgraded my Cpu from a Ryzen 1600 to a Ryzen 3600 recently. After installation I have been getting random screen flickers. It is not constant but it is occasionally. For example when scrubbing around Youtube videos or switching windows around it flickers black. I noticed after installing the new cpu it seems like Windows reinstalled drivers for my gpu and usb devices. I used DDU to uninstall and reinstall my Nvidia drivers. There are not bent pens on the cpu. Also while using OCCT to stress test my system, I got a blue screen that said Video Scheduler Internal Error. This was while using the memory test in OCCT. I have ran all kinds of stress testing and have not ran into a blue screen or error since then.

My GPU is undervolted but I don't think this is the problem because it was undervolted with the last cpu and was fine. Also the Ryzen 3600 is undervolted but I am not sure if a cpu would cause display issues like this. I have also reinstalled chipset drivers and used memtest to check my ram for errors for 4 hours and everything seems fine.

Here is an error that is created when it happens:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffc283b2ca5010

Parameter 2: fffff8074699a9c4

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: a20

OS version: 10\_0\_19043

Service Pack: 0\_0

Product: 256\_1

OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

​

Any ideas what this could be? Thanks.
Do not undervolt 3000 CPU's even with an offset. Either set to auto and leave it be or set it to fixed voltage with a fixed clock speed. This happened to me with my 3900x when I undervolted it. I now just let it sit on auto and have no issues anymore.

Reactions: dracobeats

dracobeats

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018
Do not undervolt 3000 CPU's even with an offset. Either set to auto and leave it be or set it to fixed voltage with a fixed clock speed. This happened to me with my 3900x when I undervolted it. I now just let it sit on auto and have no issues anymore.
I have my cpu at 4.2ghz at 1.168 volts and it passed everything. I need to test some more but I’m starting to believe XMP on my ram is causing the issue because I lowered my ram to 3200mhz cl16 and it does not have any errors. When originally getting the problem I got a blue screen error: video scheduler internal while testing the memory section in OCCT

if that is the problem it’s sort of disappointing since all of my hardware is compatible and I paid for that speed but I read that ryzen still has issues with ram or xmp over 3600mhz. I just want a stable system so I guess faster ram isn’t that important.

I have my cpu at 4.2ghz at 1.168 volts and it passed everything. I need to test some more but I’m starting to believe XMP on my ram is causing the issue because I lowered my ram to 3200mhz cl16 and it does not have any errors. When originally getting the problem I got a blue screen error: video scheduler internal while testing the memory section in OCCT

if that is the problem it’s sort of disappointing since all of my hardware is compatible and I paid for that speed but I read that ryzen still has issues with ram or xmp over 3600mhz. I just want a stable system so I guess faster ram isn’t that important.
set XMP and put voltage and fixed voltage vack to auto and see if you have any more problems.

TRENDING THREADS