• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Screen flickering/flashing

Rui Neves

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
Hi , since few days ago my screen randomly flickers or flashes . the first time this have happen I jst have disconnected my earphones from computer and have slightly touched the DP cable , I have thinked well maybe the cable is faulty or badly conected to the GPU , after have wiggled that cable a couple of times I noticed that only moving the cable hard almost disconnecting it makes the screen flicker , anyway I changed the cable for another . and it stopped for a day or 2 , today I was only connecting a usb drive and the screen have flickered again ... I recconnected the usb drive , no flicker , I tried touching other usb cables , and the screen gone black for a couple of seconds , I wiggled the DP cable and flickered again , reconnected the DP cable and wiggled the cable again , no flicker ... So what the hell is happening ... I have no clue what is just happening , seems to be for some random reason ...

Anyone here have any clue what´s the issue ?

Buld :

CPU :AMD a8 6600k

MB :MSi a88xm-e35

RAM: Corsair xms3 4gb(x2)

PSU: Bitfenix Formula Gold 550w

GPU: AMD XFX GTS XXX RX 580 4gb

System: Windows 10 pro 1909 (fresh installed on 6-3-20)

SSD :KIngston A400 120gb

HDD:WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm

HDD 2 : HSTG of 500 gb , some 2"5 model of 5400 rpm

Monitor :AOC G2260VWQ6

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS