Question Screen flickering only when not playing games?

vetofallen

Prominent
Apr 3, 2019
I have a HP Omen 15 2020. When I do mundane stuff like browsing, watching videos or code, my parts of my screen flickers occasionally. The timing is completely random as far as I can tell and the flickering is super fast. The flicker never reaches the whole screen, only horizontal parts of it. The flicker could be black or white, but most of the time it's black.

The strange thing is when I run ANY kind of game (Apex Legends, Valorant, TF2, etc) the flickering completely stops. But when I alt-tab out, the flickering returns.

I've updated the drivers for both the GPU and CPU, changed from 144hz to 60hz, changed preferred graphics processor to "Hi-performance NVIDIA processor" on NVIDIA control panel, but nothing has worked.

Any help is appreciated!

I have a HP Omen 15 2020. When I do mundane stuff like browsing, watching videos or code, my parts of my screen flickers occasionally. The timing is completely random as far as I can tell and the flickering is super fast. The flicker never reaches the whole screen, only horizontal parts of it. The flicker could be black or white, but most of the time it's black.

The strange thing is when I run ANY kind of game (Apex Legends, Valorant, TF2, etc) the flickering completely stops. But when I alt-tab out, the flickering returns.

I've updated the drivers for both the GPU and CPU, changed from 144hz to 60hz, changed preferred graphics processor to "Hi-performance NVIDIA processor" on NVIDIA control panel, but nothing has worked.

Any help is appreciated!
Bios up to date?