Question Screen Flickering Windows 10

Apr 1, 2021
Hello All,

Wondering if this is a GPU issue or something else. I can launch my PC fine, and the screen won't flicker at all until I open Chrome. Then, periodically, my screen will flicker. Primary monitor only, my secondary monitor seems unaffected.

Also just started happening after I downloaded and played battlefield 5, not sure if that matters.

Thanks

I recently had a similar issue with a side monitor.
The main playing CIV 5 worked well, but images for task manager and CPU-Z in the side monitor flickered whenever they updated. CIV 4 did not cause the problem.
On the same side monitor, email and an open tab remained steady.
It turns out that my Nvidia driver had been updated.
Working backwards, I found that 457.09 fixed it.

Apr 1, 2021
I recently had a similar issue with a side monitor.
The main playing CIV 5 worked well, but images for task manager and CPU-Z in the side monitor flickered whenever they updated. CIV 4 did not cause the problem.
On the same side monitor, email and an open tab remained steady.
It turns out that my Nvidia driver had been updated.
Working backwards, I found that 457.09 fixed it.

Hmm thanks! I just updated mine today from the 4/16 (as in April 16th, not the version number) update (not sure the number) - do these things usually get solved and patched out or is a roll back the only way?

Also weird, it stops once I play a game like league of legends - just finished playing a game and the screen didn't flicker at all

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021
No doubt, in time there will be fixes.
Unless the update fixed a problem that you were having that impacted you, just roll it back and defer updates until you think you need one.

So weird! After that League game it hasn't happened, and just got out of battlefield and it isn't happening either. Hmmm.