Screen flickering with Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 4GB?

Sam QS

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
So I have the latest driver installed(verified it both manually and had a scan from their website) but for some reason I'm getting this weird flicker in my screen. It doesn't happen TOO often but often enough to be noticeable. The screen generally flickers once and again shortly after then goes stops for a little bit before doing it again.

The screen looks like in an instant, the page flickers downwards(like an inch) and comes back up. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Sam QS

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014

Unfortunately even watching youtube I notice the flickering. It comes in sets of 2~3 flickers and goes away for a little bit. Comes back surely enough though. It's almost like something was trying to pull the screen down for a millisecond and lets go and then attempts to again. I know that's not it but that's what it looks like with lack of better way to explain it. Starting from about an inch or two from the upper screen, that's where the flicker/jump/tear happens.

Sam QS

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
It's definitely the GPU. From what I remembered, this was a problem when I first bought the graphics card nearly a year ago. For some reason one day it just stopped, not sure what I did to trigger that. Then as of late, I reinstalled the graphics card onto a new drive and now it's acting up again like before. Wish I knew what I did back then that stopped it because I sure as heck was not aware of how I did it, I just left it as is until it became a problem again like right now lol.

BottleGamer

Honorable
Sep 30, 2015
Then maybe try to use an older driver-version for your gpu
or check the 8 pin cables that go from your psu to your gpu
But if it suddenly stopped working i would go test it in another system and if it doesnt work make use of your warranty

Danny-Boy

Commendable
May 14, 2016

The solution is simple, update the VBIOS/Firmware for the card, the same thing i did, and solve the situation.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2288384/upgrade-gp... <--There you have the instrutions ;) GL