Screen flickers when showing very specific colors.

Max_Pare

Reputable
May 13, 2016
Today i was using Audacity with the dark theme installed and noticed that the UI flickered quite noticeably, but i thought it was just some bug related to the program itself, but then, i took a screenshot of an area with just that color and made a large square of that exact color on Paint.net and the flickering happened there too, so i tried slightly changing the lightness of the color and the flickering stopped almost immediately (example: https://imgur.com/a/4cSLM0w). I checked that my monitor's HDMI was properly plugged to the monitor itself and to the pc (msi gtx 1060 6gb OC). I also tried displaying the color on my second monitor but no flickering happens there, which confuses me becasue of what i will say next: i recorded the screen when the flickering was happening and i played it back on the secondary monitor (which doesn't have any issue) and the flickering actually showed in the video itself, and to be sure i played back the clip on my phone and the flickering was indeed present. I also just installed the latest nvidia drivers (AFTER i started noticing the issue) but that did no do it.