Screen Flickers while playing game win7 with XFX Radeon HD 4670 1GB

narayans

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
I have Windows 7 64bit with XFX Radeon HD 4670 1GB SDDR3 card, My current resolution is 1920x1080 with 60 htz, when ever i play game and use lesser resolution for game then my graphics resolution, the screen flickers (it flickers in any resolution), it goes black and come back again. and when i exit the game i find my actual resolution changed to the resolution that was set on game.

My Windows is updated, and i have latest driver installed on system from ATI.

It is very annoying. Any help is appreciated.

narayans

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Sorry here is specification
core2quad Q8400 2.66
DG35EC
6.5 GB Ram 600 mhz
22" philips TFT Monitor

Yes i have connected the DVI to HDMI cable.

i am not trying to play games with that resolution, thats a resolution set for the desktop, however when i play game i am keeping low resolution then 1920x1080.

thats wat happens when i exit the game... my desktop resolution changes to the resolution that was set on the game (eg 1600x900) which shouldnt happen...... upon exiting the game it should go back to the resolution set for the desktop.
Am i wrong here?

also while playing game (eg COD4 or any other) the screen flickers.however wen PC is idle i havent noticed it so far (My Pc is not idle most of the time though)

Could this be due to memory frequency of the card should i try to underclock it ?