Question Screen freeze turns to black screen and recovers

Dec 2, 2020
Screen freeze turns to black screen and recovers
So today I was sharing my screen on Zoom when unexpectedly it turned to black screen. The right monitor (RX 570) recovered with a Radeon Software error message that my drivers crashed, the left one (Intel HD 4600) stayed black, after that I've noticed that my drivers were one version out of date, so I've updated them to 21.3.1, I had to restart my computer. When it boot up and I logged on to windows the right screen turned black and started flickering, I've unplugged my GPU from the monitor plugged it in again causing to have no signal on the monitor, I had to shut down my pc by holding power button. After that everything was working as normal. Few hours later my right screen froze turned to black screen and recovered with the same Radeon Software error message. The same thing happened 3 more times in 1 minute span. I've checked Event Viewer and found 5 warnings: (Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered). Never in these past months when I bought this GPU or before I've had these problems it occurred only today. I've got the idea that my 5 year old PSU might be crashing but don't know how to check its health.

My PC specs:
PSU: VS450
GPU: RX 570 (refurbished, bought it a few months ago from online store)
my old GPU: GTX 750TI (Not in use)
CPU: i5-4460
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
HDD: Seagate BARRACUDA 7200 1TB
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB

Also I don't know if its connected or not but I've noticed after these crashes that Steam logged me out and somehow Dota 2 was deleted from my Hard Drive.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020
It's possible, and the fact that both iGPU and dGPU crashed at the same time suggests that it's probably not a software issue. Do you have any other PSUs to test in this PC ?

Sadly no, also crashing stopped after that crashing streak I've mentioned. Had no issues while gaming. It still might occur again, because I haven't taken any actions yet.