[SOLVED] Screen freezes during LoL at intense moments ?

Dec 6, 2021
Hi all!

I recently bought a budget gaming desktop, All games run on it without any issues, some need graphics on a lower setting, but all runs smoothly.

However, during League of Legends, I get screen freezes of about 5-10seconds during intense moments in the game (Teamfights with lot of visuals)
At first they were actual disconnects, but changing a setting (Direct X9 Legacy mode) in game, it turned in to freezes instead of disconnects.

Does anyone have a clue how this can be resolved?
Please click the link below to see the specs.

PC Specs

Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to have a look!
Kind regards,
Joren

Solution
Live Kernel Event 141

Reference:

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-livekernelevent-141-crash-error/

You can easily research/google for similar links.

However be very wary of any links that want you to download fixes or edit the registry. Do neither.

= = = =

Verify that all drivers are current. If a driver is not current then manually download the driver via the applicable manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

= = =

Another thought is that some Windows files have been corrupted.

Try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

DISM Overview | Microsoft Docs

= = = =

Lastly: do you have...

Ralston18

Titan
My immediate thought is the PSU is not able to keep up with peak power demands.

Voeding Vermogen500 Watt
Certificering80 PLUS Bronze

Compare LoL's hardware requirements/specs to the hardware requirements and specs of the other games you play.

You can also use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance.

First while not playing any games, second while playing games that run "smoothly", and third while playing LoL.

Determine in all three cases what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Look for some bottleneck with respect to LoL.

Also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing errors related to first the "disconnects" and now the "freezes".

Start with Reliability History. The time line format may be very revealing.

Reactions: JBOONS08
Dec 6, 2021
My immediate thought is the PSU is not able to keep up with peak power demands.

VoedingVermogen500 Watt
Certificering80 PLUS Bronze

Compare LoL's hardware requirements/specs to the hardware requirements and specs of the other games you play.

You can also use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance.

First while not playing any games, second while playing games that run "smoothly", and third while playing LoL.

Determine in all three cases what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Look for some bottleneck with respect to LoL.

Also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing errors related to first the "disconnects" and now the "freezes".

Start with Reliability History. The time line format may be very revealing.

Hi Ralston,

I checked the things you suggested.
Looking at the resource monitor during different games gave no specific outliers.
Processor never going above 30%
However, looking at the reliability History I got this error.

Naam van probleemgebeurtenis: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff800c57183460
Parameter 2: fffff807277e4b90
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 2850
Versie besturingssysteem: 10_0_19043
Servicepack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Versie van besturingssysteem: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Landinstelling-id: 2067

It is always the same error with the freeze.
As for now, still only occuring during league of legends.

Ralston18

Titan
Live Kernel Event 141

Reference:

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-livekernelevent-141-crash-error/

You can easily research/google for similar links.

However be very wary of any links that want you to download fixes or edit the registry. Do neither.

= = = =

Verify that all drivers are current. If a driver is not current then manually download the driver via the applicable manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

= = =

Another thought is that some Windows files have been corrupted.

Try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

DISM Overview | Microsoft Docs

= = = =

Lastly: do you have access to another PSU to swap in and test? Remember - do not mix and match PSU cables.

Solution