Question Screen freezes, lighting and everything else remains on ?

Jan 10, 2023
Hello, I've been dealing with this problem for 4-ish months now, the screen freezes and does one of three things; goes black and restarts; stays frozen and forces me to hold the power button to shut it down, or it gives me the BSOD.
I've seen other people have problems similar to mine but the ones I've read haven't had anything involving all three of these happening at the same time.

Here's my build:
Cpu: Intel i9900kf - same as i9900k as far as I know besides lack of integrated graphics
Gpu: Asus ROG 2080 ti 12gb
Ram: 2x 8gb sticks of t-force nighthawk rgb ram + 2x 8gb sticks of corsair vengeance pro ram (all 32gb are running at 2133mhz because xmp makes my computer unable to post due to my cpu not supported speeds that high (I think) )
Psu: Antec HCG 850
Motherboard: Asus rog strix z390-f
Storage: 2x Intel SSDPEKNW512G8 and a Patriot SCSI 750gb harddrive for games.

I've uninstalled my drivers using DDU and reinstalled them off the Nvidia website, checked the health of my drives, and checked event viewer however there don't seem to be any events whatsoever after a week ago.
I'm going to use mem test 86 later today because I'm not sure what else to do on my graphics card besides reseating and cleaning it out

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
Hello, I've been dealing with this problem for 4-ish months now, the screen freezes and does one of three things; goes black and restarts; stays frozen and forces me to hold the power button to shut it down, or it gives me the BSOD.
I've seen other people have problems similar to mine but the ones I've read haven't had anything involving all three of these happening at the same time.

Here's my build:
Cpu: Intel i9900kf - same as i9900k as far as I know besides lack of integrated graphics
Gpu: Asus ROG 2080 ti 12gb
Ram: 2x 8gb sticks of t-force nighthawk rgb ram + 2x 8gb sticks of corsair vengeance pro ram (all 32gb are running at 2133mhz because xmp makes my computer unable to post due to my cpu not supported speeds that high (I think) )
Psu: Antec HCG 850
Motherboard: Asus rog strix z390-f
Storage: 2x Intel SSDPEKNW512G8 and a Patriot SCSI 750gb harddrive for games.

I've uninstalled my drivers using DDU and reinstalled them off the Nvidia website, checked the health of my drives, and checked event viewer however there don't seem to be any events whatsoever after a week ago.
I'm going to use mem test 86 later today because I'm not sure what else to do on my graphics card besides reseating and cleaning it out

In principle, your processor should allow these speeds even if you exceed the limit memory cpu, something I don't recommend doing with Intel, what you should know is having sticks from different brands even though they have the same speeds and clocks or XMP each Brand is configured differently and that can conflict if you want to make it work you would have to do it manually.

. Have you tried formatting the operating system?
2. Try only memories of the same brand, to verify and exclude the possibility that a stick is defective.