Question Screen freezes, then goes black and fans start spinning very fast

alitiz

Prominent
Oct 17, 2020
I have noticed this sometimes 1 or 2 minutes after pc wakes up from sleep. The last 7 days i thought i fixed it somehow but yesterday i turned on the pc and it happened before i could log in. Today it also happened 2 times and both were 1 minute after pc woke up from sleep.
  • There's no blue screen (even though in the past i had some crashes with blue screens, but the only thing that happens now is the problem i described)
  • There's no logs in minidump
  • Nothing useful in event viewer (only a LiveKernerEvent or something like that with event code 41 and description "last shutdown was unexpected")
  • Reliability monitor has just an "X" without any useful information

I dont know what to do... My guess is either faulty gpu or psu (or just windows being bad?)

Specs:
MOBO: Asrock fatal1ty b450 gaming k4
CPU: ryzen 5 2600
GPU: sapphire radeon rx 590 nitro+
RAM: g.skill ripjaws 2x8gb 3200mhz
PSU: Corsair tx650m
SSD: samsung 860 evo 500gb

I built this pc almost 1 year ago

Jan 27, 2021
I had the same motherboard brand, after I swapped it with msi the issue doesn't appear to be there anymore. You should give it a try to change to any other motherboard brand...

Jan 27, 2021
I have noticed this sometimes 1 or 2 minutes after pc wakes up from sleep. The last 7 days i thought i fixed it somehow but yesterday i turned on the pc and it happened before i could log in. Today it also happened 2 times and both were 1 minute after pc woke up from sleep.
  • There's no blue screen (even though in the past i had some crashes with blue screens, but the only thing that happens now is the problem i described)
  • There's no logs in minidump
  • Nothing useful in event viewer (only a LiveKernerEvent or something like that with event code 41 and description "last shutdown was unexpected")
  • Reliability monitor has just an "X" without any useful information
I dont know what to do... My guess is either faulty gpu or psu (or just windows being bad?)

Specs:
MOBO: Asrock fatal1ty b450 gaming k4
GPU: sapphire radeon rx 590 nitro+
RAM: g.skill ripjaws 2x8gb 3200mhz
PSU: Corsair tx650m
SSD: samsung 860 evo 500gb

I built this pc almost 1 year ago

I have a very similar problem with my computer that just started to happen probably 3 weeks ago. My PC would turn on fine and boot windows properly and about 5 minutes after my screen would no signal and my computer would keep running RGB and fans. The only way to get my monitor to reconnect was to power off, unplug and re plug back in my pc. The bizarre thing is that once I turn it back on again it would boot windows and run absolutely fine no problems on any game which means the "blackouts" are very random and unexpected. It happened once weeks ago but up until recently it's been happening everyday just about and I have no idea if it's my gpu or my psu that's the problem. please help. this is killing me.

Specs:
MOBO: msi B450 Gaming Plus
GPU: XFX radeon rx580 xxx edition
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb
PSU: EVGA 650w
SSD: WD Blue 3D 500gb
WD 1TB

p.s. everything but the 1tb and the ryzen 5 are almost a year old today.