[SOLVED] Screen freezes then goes black for a second and everything running crash

Jul 2, 2020
Frequently my screen freezes for a second then goes black for a second then everything is back to normal except any game running will crash and any video I'm watching will become a dark green screen. I have this problem for 2 years since I built my pc and tried some stuff like updating / rollbacking gpu drivers and clean installing both the entire pc and the drivers. These happen at a random frequency like some days it will be totally fine no problems then some days it will do this 9 times in a row in the span of 5 minutes. Restarting my pc doesn't always help

Specs:
Version: 10.0.1.18363 Build 18363
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600k 3.80GHz not overclocked
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB single fan
Motherboard: ASRock h270 Pro4
BIOS Version: P2.20
RAM: 2x8GB HyperX Fury Black 2133MHz DDR4
PSU: MasterWatt 550 Cooler Master

Solution
Frequently my screen freezes for a second then goes black for a second then everything is back to normal except any game running will crash and any video I'm watching will become a dark green screen. I have this problem for 2 years since I built my pc and tried some stuff like updating / rollbacking gpu drivers and clean installing both the entire pc and the drivers. These happen at a random frequency like some days it will be totally fine no problems then some days it will do this 9 times in a row in the span of 5 minutes. Restarting my pc doesn't always help

Specs:
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX...

Specs:
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB single fan
Motherboard: ASRock h270 Pro4
BIOS Version: P2.20
RAM: 2x8GB HyperX Fury Black 2133MHz DDR4
PSU: MasterWatt 550 Cooler Master
Welcome to Toms Hardware @smokeyy3!

My bets go onto the GPU, it is very likely Faulty. The best thing you could do is try to run the computer off integrated graphics because I think the 7600k has one. Try to check by watching a video and see if the issue persists and running a game, even if it is very laggy, just check if it does the issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS