[SOLVED] Screen freezes then PC reboots to a black screen ?

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
I bought a new PC 10 days ago, and everyday i get a crash in some of my games where the screen freezes for 2 to 3 minutes, then the pc reboots to a black screen and motherbord VGA debug light comes on, until i manualy shut it down.

Fixes i've tried:
- Furmark GPU test (everything worked normaly, max temp 76c)
-Cinebench (everything worked normaly, max temp 80c)
-MemTest86 (no errors found)
-System file check (SFC / DISM)
-Uninstalled all drivers and installed them again.

Event viewer:
-ID 1000 & 1005
-ID 2004
-Unable to created dump file

My specs:
- i3 10100F
-GTX 1650 Gddr6
-H510m pro-e
-8Gb ram 2666 mhz
-120gb SSD (for system)
-500gb HDD (for games)
-450W PSU
-Windows 11 pro

Games that been crashing:
-Elden ring
-GTA V
-No man sky

Thank you.

Solution
Ok when you put the new stick of ram in reset your virtual memory to let the computer manage. It will have enough memory now to work with. To be honest 2666mhz is kind of slow for memory these days, especially for gaming. You could experiment with your memory speed settings in bios and see if you could bump it up to 2933mhz. Your board supports up to 3200mhz if you can find a good sale for 16gb 3200mhz memory in the future.
Sounds like you could be low on memory/virtual memory. Go to Advanced systems, system properties, advanced tab, settings, under processor settings choose programs, under virtual memory check to make sure the minimum is around 1905 mb and the maximum is at 12288. If it isn't then manually insert those amounts. If this is not the problem you may need to add a memory stick. Btw are these steam games? If so use library to manage games and verify file integrity.

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Sounds like you could be low on memory/virtual memory. Go to Advanced systems, system properties, advanced tab, settings, under processor settings choose programs, under virtual memory check to make sure the minimum is around 1905 mb and the maximum is at 12288. If it isn't then manually insert those amounts. If this is not the problem you may need to add a memory stick. Btw are these steam games? If so use library to manage games and verify file integrity.

I've set the min to 1905 and max to 12288 like you told me and now my pc doesnt freeze or reboots to a black screen, now it only crashes to desktop when i play a game for a long amount of time, ill get another 8gb ram stick as soon as i can, thanks for the help.

Ok when you put the new stick of ram in reset your virtual memory to let the computer manage. It will have enough memory now to work with. To be honest 2666mhz is kind of slow for memory these days, especially for gaming. You could experiment with your memory speed settings in bios and see if you could bump it up to 2933mhz. Your board supports up to 3200mhz if you can find a good sale for 16gb 3200mhz memory in the future.

Reactions: Rafik1722
Solution

Rafik1722

Prominent
May 20, 2022

UPDATE: Adding another stick of 8GB ram did solve the issue, my pc no longer crashes, thanks for the help, cheers!

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch