Question Screen freezes when gaming halfway

Feb 28, 2019
Hello new here, not sure if i'm in the right thread.

I've had my PC for quite a few years now. This happens sometimes; when I'm gaming halfway, the screen freezes and also my audio goes haywire and produces a crazy static noise. I've followed guides to check my PC and it was ok for the period and recently it came back.
Anyone knows what I did/didn't do? Thanks

Mar 8, 2019
Do you use ssd ? And if not is your hdd healthy?
I used to get freeze problems because my hdd was "dying".
I changed to ssd and all my problems are gone.
What's your temperatures when gaming ?

Mar 8, 2019
U can try a disk defragment on ur hdd(takes long to defragment tho) and u can also run a disk check.
Right click on ur hdd properties/tools and click on check.
Personally I monitored my disk when the freezes happened(my hdd was hiting 100%). My pc didn't crash tho so I was able to.
I tried moving games to ssd instead of hdd and I had no problems so It seemed my hdd was "faulty".

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019
If I'm not wrong, I did a disk fragment the previous time I was checking on my computer already. May I'll do a disk check again.
Maybe HDD overload? haha

Mar 8, 2019
If I'm not wrong, I did a disk fragment the previous time I was checking on my computer already. May I'll do a disk check again.
Maybe HDD overload? haha
Did u move it on ssd? And did it help ?
I don't know about overloads. But I'm not buying hdd ever again. I'm done with these. Ssd is cheap nowdays,way faster and it doesn't create problems like freezes.

Feb 28, 2019
I shifted it over already, but I haven't tried playing yet. I'll report here again if the same problem persists.
Hmm, aren't SSDs quite expensive though?

Mar 8, 2019
I shifted it over already, but I haven't tried playing yet. I'll report here again if the same problem persists.
Hmm, aren't SSDs quite expensive though?
Okay hope it solved it.
Well I got my 240gb for 28 euro. And I don't think I need more space than that. I have one 120gb for Windows and one 240gb for other stuff.
They go around that price range.

Mar 8, 2019
Oh well yeah back then ssd's were kinda expensive. Like m2 ssd's are now.
This is becoming personal chat. Dunno if that's allowed lmao.
Nevermind im off to bed hope u fixed ur problem I'll come back and check tomorrow.
Seeya!

Reactions: jonnywww

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS