[SOLVED] screen freezing

Oct 26, 2020
hi
first i would like to mention that im not that good in english and i will do my best to be clear
second im not very good in all the hardware sites and bios so please try to expand and simplify every thing you say

so to the problem, for about half a year i have a problem with my computer that the screen freezes while i play games and even in youtube. after the screen freeze i hear a single beep (which i dont know if its from the computer or the game) and then i the sound of the background (the game) keeps going but the screen is still frozen (if i try to press alot of buttons i can hear the computer responding but the screen is still frozen). the only thing i can do is to restart my compuer. when i restart my computer, most of the time the compuer wont recognize my display and will write no signal and i will have to restart the compuer multiple time until it restart properly. in addition to that after the welcome back screen i always have a black screen for a few minutes and the only thing i see is the mouse (i can move it), after a few minutes the desktop comes up and the compuer runs "normally".

specs:
https://ibb.co/4WQ8HzM

thanks for all the help

Oct 26, 2020
You missed listing out something important from your build... what PSU are you using (exact make and model) ?

Is that 51C temperature on the I7 4790 when IDLEing or during a load?

im sorry as i said i dont understand alot in this area.
i have seasonic model : SS-600ET active PFC f3 (600 watts i think) i hope thats enough
about the temperature, its when i wrote this post (after i played a game and after alot of restarts)

im sorry as i said i dont understand alot in this area.
i have seasonic model : SS-600ET active PFC f3 (600 watts i think) i hope thats enough
about the temperature, its when i wrote this post (after i played a game and after alot of restarts)

That's pretty bad... based on the same platform as the Seasonic S12II with worse capacitors. How old is it?
Can you get a dedicated monitoring software like HWinfo64 and run that in sensory only mode?
Do your basic tasks(browsing, gaming especially) and monitor the CPU and GPU temperatures closely. You could also stress test the CPU with a tool like Prime95 and disable AVX before starting the test.
Also monitor your +12V, +5V, +3.3V values in HWinfo.
You can post the results here or just upload a screenshot with imgur or imgbb.

Oct 26, 2020
That's pretty bad... based on the same platform as the Seasonic S12II with worse capacitors. How old is it?
Can you get a dedicated monitoring software like HWinfo64 and run that in sensory only mode?
Do your basic tasks(browsing, gaming especially) and monitor the CPU and GPU temperatures closely. You could also stress test the CPU with a tool like Prime95 and disable AVX before starting the test.
Also monitor your +12V, +5V, +3.3V values in HWinfo.
You can post the results here or just upload a screenshot with imgur or imgbb.
this is the result of playing a game for a short time
View: https://imgur.com/vITA0tf

the psu is about 5 years old

do you have a good guide to the proccess you mentioned with clear steps for begginers ?

Not that hard... you download DDU from here:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

The executable inside the archive will self extract DDU into a folder (you can choose), and then you boot into safe mode... with Win 7 you just need to restart and press the F8 key continuously before the computer starts booting. A menu will appear and you select safe mode from there.

Using DDU is simple... from its interface select the manufacturer of the GPU (AMD or Nvidia) and then select Clean and Restart. After the process finishes your computer will automatically reset and boot back to windows. You'll just need to install the latest driver for your card afterwards.

Oct 26, 2020
Not that hard... you download DDU from here:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

The executable inside the archive will self extract DDU into a folder (you can choose), and then you boot into safe mode... with Win 7 you just need to restart and press the F8 key continuously before the computer starts booting. A menu will appear and you select safe mode from there.

Using DDU is simple... from its interface select the manufacturer of the GPU (AMD or Nvidia) and then select Clean and Restart. After the process finishes your computer will automatically reset and boot back to windows. You'll just need to install the latest driver for your card afterwards.
i have done what you wrote but it didnt fixed the black screen when i restart so i think it didnt fix the screen freeze

TRENDING THREADS