Question Screen glitch on startup with 3070 Ti ?

Nov 25, 2022
Hi all,

I have bought a 3070 Ti some months ago, it is working like a charm expect for a really annoying thing it does on start up that I can't manage to resolve permanently.
Basically it start glitching from the boot screen of the motherboard, keep rendering square blob of noise displacing the actual image.

I can temporarly fix this only when windows is booted up, on my monitor (ASUS PB277Q27'' WQHD) i go to: system setup -> display port stream
yet again selecting the DPI 1.2 option (already active mind you) and this stops the glitch, otherwise it is permanent.
This solution doesn't apply to the BIOS and the boot screen, there the glitch is permanent.

I am tired of repeting this mondane operation, caused by a 6 hundred eur graphics card none the less.
Any suggestions/ideas to why is this happening?

Re-installed the drivers a dozen times. Just today formatted the whole PC and started from scratch with a new SSD but nothing changes.
I thought about the dpi cable maybe, but it dosen't make sense, it shoudn't work when I refresh the settings to 1.2

system spec:
monitor: ASUS PB277Q27'' WQHD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022
Can you show a photo of the graphical artifact?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Does it appear, if you connect monitor with HDMI cable instead?
Try with a different DisplayPort cable.

it is difficult to capture it in a screenshot, it is a constant 1 frame flickering of the actual image on the display. As said when I select again the 1.2 option in the monitor menu it goes away.

Yes I can use a hdmi to go around it, but I would rather fix the problem, and yes I tried with other cables but the problem persists.

first picture screen shows incorect panel timings used by gpu, displayid firmware from nvidia would resolve that...but gigabyte probably hasnt updated it yet, vbios date from gigabyte is 04/2022, while nvidia displayid is 08/2022

contact gigabyte if they working on update

workaround:
-Boot using HDMI
-Boot using a different monitor
-Change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy (but keep storage as UEFI)
-Boot using an alternate graphics source (secondary or integrated graphics card)

Reactions: Sliver02