Question Screen glitches, becomes random colours and freezes

Mar 16, 2020
The first time it happened I was playing csgo. My screen was moving to random positions or glitching. I decided to stop playing and then I realised my cursor was becoming a cube of randomly coloured pixels. I began to watch some youtube and then random colours started filling my screen until my screen became lines of grey and black and was hard to look at because it looked like an illusion. I could still hear the audio from the video, but my screen was frozen with that illusion looking frame. I turned my computer off and then when I tried to turn it on it was stuck on a black screen. I decided to unplug my graphics card and now my computer turns on again and works fine.

I'm using windows 10
AMD Radeon 7850 1gb Graphics Card
Intel i7 3770k CPU
Intel DH67BL BaseBoard
2 x 8GB Corsair RAM
Huntkey GS 600w PSU

Okay...Wait a minute. I think I overlooked and skimped your original post !! Skipped the last part in a hurry.

Anyways, So if you unplug the GPU, then you don't have any issues, right ? If true, then I won't bring the PSU into the picture as of now.

Do you have access to some other PC/system ? Can you check the GPU on another PC ?

Mar 16, 2020
Okay...Wait a minute. I think I overlooked and skimped your original post !! Skipped the last part in a hurry.

Anyways, So if you unplug the GPU, then you don't have any issues, right ? If true, then I won't bring the PSU into the picture as of now.

Do you have access to some other PC/system ? Can you check the GPU on another PC ?
I have access to a Nividea GeForce 8400 GS but it uses less power so I dont know if that's fair to compare.

Mar 16, 2020
So I used the GeForce 8400 GS and decided to have 2 monitors. I pluggin 1 monitor into my motherboard and 1 monitor into the graphics card. When I turned my computer on I only got signal from the monitor that was plugged into the motherboard. Then I used my main graphics card (Radeon 7850) and I did the same thing however this time i only got signal from the monitor that was pluggin in the graphics card and not the one plugged into the motherboard. But it still didn't turn on properly. What I mean by it doesn't turn on is it has the intel loading screen telling me to click f2 to go to the bios. Then after that it is just a black screen.

TRENDING THREADS