[SOLVED] Screen glitches out and causes PC to crash and reboot, then crash again ?

kurtbaronagliam

Reputable
Sep 8, 2017
Not sure if this is the right category, will move if needed

My PC was working fine for a few months, then one night while playing, the screen spontaneously glitched out hard in a sort of pattern. It then crashed the game but not the PC, yet.

Tried to open up my game and it crashed faster. I saw a pop-up saying my Nvdia Windows Kernel driver stopped responding, so I thought it mustve been the GPU driver; installed a newer driver from the website and things seem to ran smoothly. Went to bed at that point.

Next morning, everything seemed normal and then the crash happened again, same graphical glitch but this time it caused my PC to reboot. I tried taking out my GPU and RAM sticks, wiped them clean and put them back in. Problem persisted. I then read somewhere that it might be some corrupt driver files so I booted my PC in safe mode, uninstalled the Nvdia drivers, rebooted in normal mode and tried to reinstall the driver (driver wouldnt install in safe mode). The same crash happened during the installation process and now I can't even get past the windows logo screen when booting up my PC without it crashing and restarting.

Solution

My PC was working fine for a few months
then one night while playing, the screen spontaneously glitched out hard in a sort of pattern. It then crashed the game but not the PC, yet.

Tried to open up my game and it crashed faster. I saw a pop-up saying my Nvdia Windows Kernel driver stopped responding, so I thought it mustve been the GPU driver; installed a newer driver from the website and things seem to ran smoothly. Went to bed at that moment.

Next morning, everything seemed normal and then the crash happened again, same graphical glitch but this time it caused my PC to reboot. I tried taking out my GPU and RAM sticks, wiped them clean and put them back in...

My PC was working fine for a few months
then one night while playing, the screen spontaneously glitched out hard in a sort of pattern. It then crashed the game but not the PC, yet.

Tried to open up my game and it crashed faster. I saw a pop-up saying my Nvdia Windows Kernel driver stopped responding, so I thought it mustve been the GPU driver; installed a newer driver from the website and things seem to ran smoothly. Went to bed at that moment.

Next morning, everything seemed normal and then the crash happened again, same graphical glitch but this time it caused my PC to reboot. I tried taking out my GPU and RAM sticks, wiped them clean and put them back in. Problem persisted. I then read somewhere that it might be some corrupt driver files so I booted my PC in safe mode, uninstalled the Nvdia drivers, rebooted in normal mode and tried to reinstall the driver (driver wouldnt install in safe mode). The same crash happened during the installation process and now I can't even get past the windows logo screen when booting up my PC without it crashing and restarting.
Without changes in registry, Windows don't allow drivers to be installed in safe mode.
See if you can run checks on your disk(s).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS