Screen goes black after Windows boots

tru1604

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
I have an ASUS Radeon 6770, in an ASUS P67 motherboard.

I used to have occasional freezing with scrambled video during games. Then it began to occasionally turn the screen black during video, but the computer did not freeze. If I turned the monitor on and off it would work again. Now the screen goes black after windows boots. The monitor power button stays blue, it does not go orange like it does when it is not getting a signal, it does not display any message saying it is not getting a signal. If i turn the monitor on and off again, it works for a couple seconds. Rarely it will stay on for minutes at a time. I know the pc is still functioning properly because i can use teamviewer. I have cleaned out the drivers and reinstalled the newest. It doesnt change anything. I have no file integrity issues. The video will work in safemode or it will work when i boot windows without a driver isntalled.

On another note, with all of this rebooting, i have noticed that any time i turn my computer off and on by internet does not work and i have to disable the network adapter and re-enable it. when i standby or hibernate, if i try to bring it back from either it will turn on fans will spin and then suddenly turn off. if it is a standby it will say that windows did not shut down properly, if it is hibernation it will boot up fine.

i have no idea if these could possibly be related.

any links to related problems and solutions would be great.

[update] turning off windows aero seems to help. if i reboot with basic theme turned on it might turn off once or twice, but overall it stays on and plays video fine.

tru1604

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
turning off windows aero seems to help. if i reboot with basic theme turned on it might turn off once or twice, but overall it stays on and plays video fine.

tru1604

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
New install woudl stand by at first, now it doesnt. screen was fine at first, now it goes blank when booting up and then after the monitor turns off from inactivity

jackandbudlight

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Sounds like you might want to back your stuff up that is dear to you. and redo your rig.. you got some issues going on.. How old is your monitor ?
Make sure you have enough power for you 6770. And enough to run what ever else you are running. HDDs/SSDs, DVDroms, lights, fans, Mobo, multi usb devices.
What all do you have hooked up ?
What is your CPU and GPU temp at ?
Are you Overclocking ?